Volunteer at the SAMA Conference
Enrich your conference experience and help out SAMA by volunteering a few hours of your time at the conference. Get to meet some new people and have a great time volunteering. Conference attendees, as well as locals, are invited to assist in volunteering during the numerous events and activities. Volunteers receive no compensation other than the undying appreciation of the SAMA Board of Trustees and Staff.
What is the Work Exchange Program?
SAMA will always need volunteers to help support the mission of our organization and at our annual conference. Volunteers are an essential ingredient to the success of the SAMA conference. Volunteering allows SAMA to keep conference fees affordable.
Dedicated, accountable volunteers will be asked to work 15 hours prior to and/or during the conference to support the staff and membership throughout the conference and ensure the conference runs smoothly.
Placement will be at the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator and there are limited spots available for this program. If accepted and upon completion of the 15 hours, Work Exchange Volunteers will be reimbursed their conference registration fee.
Work Exchange Program Deadline: December 31, 2017
Notification of Work Exchange Program Acceptance: January 31, 2018
Notification of Work Exchange Position Assignment: February 15, 2018
Why do I want to volunteer for the Work Exchange Program?
Through volunteering in such a capacity volunteers will:
- Get to meet and know fellow mosaic artists, SAMA board members, and SAMA staff in a way that creates lasting relationships while contributing to the success of the conference;
- Enrich the volunteer’s conference experience and save the volunteer money;
- Help defray conference costs for those who need the support.
Volunteers are needed for the success of the conference, and it is a wonderful way to have fun, enrich your conference experience, as well as get a behind-the-scenes experience. While the purpose of this program is to provide support staff for the conference, it also allows a participant the opportunity to fully participate in the conference. Please apply early, as the number of positions is limited.
Work Exchange duties might include, but are not limited to:
- Clerical Conference work
- Assist at Registration
- Assist instructors throughout their workshop
- Assist the Conference Manager during Conference
- Assist with Vendor Marketplace set up
- Monitoring entrance doors to various conference events
- SAMA Store
- Assist with the Raffle
- Mosaic Art Salon-set up, preview, auction
To be considered for the Work Exchange Program:
- Current SAMA membership in good standing from the time of application through March 2018.
- Be available and willing to work beginning Tuesday evening, March 13 through Saturday, March 18, 2018, for a total of 15 hours during those days;
- Apply for a position by filling out and submitting the application and signing the Volunteer Agreement form; listing your workshop and tour plans, abilities and contact information. Upon submission of the application, our Volunteer Coordinator may contact you to discuss your abilities and will respond by January 31, 2018 to let you know if you have been accepted. Schedules will be sent to volunteers by February 15, 2018. If selected, you will be asked to sign the SAMA Confidentiality Policy.
- Must pay own travel expenses and stay in official conference hotel;
- It is helpful but not mandatory to have basic computer skills;
- MUST be flexible to work where placed.
Work Exchange benefits include:
- Complimentary Registration Package valued at $395 to the 2018 SAMA Conference in Boston, MA.
- Undying gratitude of SAMA staff and Board
Volunteers are asked to register and pay for their registration first. A check will be available at the end of the conference to reimburse registration fees once hours worked have been verified. Volunteer Work Exchange participants who miss their work assignments during the conference will not receive a refund.
To become a Work Exchange Participant:
- Fill out the application form below.
- You will be emailed a link to electronically sign the Volunteer Agreement. You must sign this document for your application to be complete.
- Please apply early as there are a limited number of positions available in the Work Exchange Program. Applications will be accepted through December 31, 2017.
- Volunteers who are selected for the Volunteer Work exchange will be notified by January 31, 2018.
- The greatest need is for availability on Wednesday and Thursday of the conference.
- Scheduling decisions made by the SAMA Volunteer Coordinator are final no exceptions will be made.
- SAMA Board members are not eligible for this program.
For additional information: Please contact Donna Post firstname.lastname@example.org