We are looking for individuals and studios to share their experiences and expertise with our international glass and mosaic community through demonstrations, lectures, panels, classes, and more!
The SGAA + SAMA 2023 Conference offers no better place to share your ideas, insights, and observations in creation, preservation, inspiration, technology & innovation.The conference audience, comprising of those committed to creating and maintaining both monumental as well as autonomous glass and mosaic work, will be engaged in the presentations and discussions led from their peers – like you.
Call for Topics Calendar
November 14, 2022: Call for Topics Opens
December 31, 2022: Proposal Deadline
January 13, 2023: Notifications to Applicants
January 20, 2023: Program Published
2023 Presentation Series
All featured conference presentations will be considered for publication in post‐conference issues of the Stained Glass Quarterly (SGQ).
Presentation Topics we’re focusing on in 2023:
- Professional Development
- Changes in business practices
- Examples of innovation in public art
- Changes in the online environment that affect the industry
- Examples of innovation in public art and business practices
- Examples of innovation and technology in the art practice
- Examples of new developments in conservation technology
- New studies in the aging of materials used in the industry
- The use of technology (old or new) in new creation or conservation
- The Cross Section of Material Science and the Artform
- Science & Technology as an engine for Creation
- The studio as a laboratory
- How research impacts new work.
- Health & Safety
2023 Education Series
If you are an experienced instructor who would like to touch the lives of the most enthusiastic mosaicists and glass artists in the world, then we invite you to submit a course proposal for the Education Program.
As part of our education program objectives, we strive to provide courses for our artist members that will advance their understanding and skill set in these specific areas;
- Professional Development: Broadening the understanding of the Business of Art. Provide professional artists’ best practices and tips to transition from non-art related field to an art business
- Artistic Development: Increasing an understanding of general art and design concepts
- Technical Development: Strengthening the technical skill of the artist through exploration of materials and tools.
Proposals are being sought for courses offered
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Friday, September 29, 2023.
Courses should be designed one of the following time formats:
- 2-hour seminars
- 4-hour (half-day) workshops or seminars
- 8-hour (full day) workshops or seminars
- 16-hour (2-Day) workshops
Workshops classified as “Hands-On” – are described as technical or material centered wherein the participants do manipulate materials and create a project or practice a technique.
Seminars or “Demo/Lecture” sessions – are described as informational or discussion centered wherein the participants will not manipulate materials but participate in a discussion of the topic. This would include demonstration presentations.
Do you know an artist, educator, curator, or researcher with an idea for an engaging presentation? Send them this information or send us their contact information. We look forward to receiving your ideas and proposals.