THE ROBIN BRETT MOSAIC SCHOLARSHIP was created to assist emerging and established mosaic artists in their professional development by funding an educational opportunity pivotal to the advancement of their careers. This award is meant to foster the creative development of artists serious about expanding their knowledge of mosaic art. The Robin Brett Mosaic Scholarship reflects the goals of the Society of American Mosaic Artists (SAMA), whose mission is to educate, inspire, and promote excellence in mosaic art.
2017 Application Guidelines : OPEN
Eligibility (updated 5-15-2017)
- Applicants must be SAMA members for at least 12 months prior to applying
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in mosaic art, and must clearly articulate how a focused educational opportunity will support their growth as a mosaic artist
Who is not eligible to apply?
- SAMA Staff, current Board of Trustees and Advisory Board members, and their families
- Groups, organizations, businesses, and 501(c)(3) tax exempt entities
- One individual may not apply on behalf of another
How many Scholarships will be awarded in 2017?
The Robin Brett Mosaic Scholarship will award one scholarship in the amount $2000.00 for 2017.
What types of learning experiences will be funded?
- Applicants must demonstrate that the proposed learning experience will give them the critical skills and knowledge necessary to take their next big step as a mosaic artist.
- Learning experiences provided by established, credible organizations and/or instructors.
- Examples of acceptable learning experiences include workshops, classes, conferences, trainings, master classes and seminars.
- Funding is not limited to mosaic-specific programs.
Who will choose the Scholarship Recipient?
The SAMA Scholarship committee will screen the applications for completeness, and then forward them to a volunteer panel of reviewers who will choose the Scholarship recipient.
If I receive the Scholarship, will I be required to provide a follow-up report on
my learning experience?
Yes, within 30 days of completing your learning experience, you must provide a follow-up report that includes a written narrative along with images and a list of expenses. You are also required to talk about your experiences at the following SAMA Conference general member’s meeting.
If I receive the Scholarship, how will money be awarded?
SAMA will pay one half of your scholarship ($1000.00) with in one month of the award. The second half ($1000.00) will be awarded upon completion of all education and receipt of your follow up report and expense report.
How can I get an Application Form?
Click here to link to the on-line application form and a copy of these Application Guidelines. Any questions or issues with the form may be directed to, Libby Hintz at email@example.com
**NEW TO THE APPLICATION PROCESS THIS YEAR: Please do not put your name anywhere in an attached document, only use name on the file name document. OK to say “Last Name Narrative Statement” but don’t use your first or last name in the body of the document to help ensure the application process is as anonymous as possible.
Please prepare to submit…
____ Section I of Application Form
____ Narrative statement
____ References – two letters of recommendation
____ Documentation supporting learning experience
____ Image Documentation
____ 5 images of your artwork
What are the key dates and deadlines 2017 Scholarship?
- Application available: May 15, 2017
- Application deadline: July 15, 2017 12:00am EDT*
- Award Notification: September 15, 2017
Who do I contact if I have questions about the application process?
How can I donate to the Robin Brett Mosaic Scholarship Fund?
Donate online HERE.