2018 Application Guidelines : CLOSED
Eligibility (updated 5-15-2018)
- Applicants must be SAMA members for at least 12 months prior to applying
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in mosaic art, and must clearly articulate how a focused educational opportunity will support their growth as a mosaic artist
Who is not eligible to apply?
- SAMA Staff, current Board of Trustees and Advisory Board members, and their families
- Groups, organizations, businesses, and 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entities
- One individual may not apply on behalf of another
How many Scholarships will be awarded in 2018?
The Robin Brett Mosaic Scholarship will award one scholarship in the amount $2000.00 for 2018.
What types of learning experiences will be funded?
- Applicants must demonstrate that the proposed learning experience will give them the critical skills and knowledge necessary to take their next big step as a mosaic artist.
- Learning experiences provided by established, credible organizations and/or instructors.
- Examples of acceptable learning experiences include workshops, classes, conferences, trainings, master classes, and seminars.
- Funding is not limited to mosaic-specific programs.
Who will choose the Scholarship Recipient?
The SAMA Scholarship committee will screen the applications for completeness, and then forward them to a volunteer panel of reviewers who will choose the Scholarship recipient.
If I receive the Scholarship, will I be required to provide a follow-up report on my learning experience?
Yes, within 30 days of completing your learning experience, you must provide a follow-up report that includes a written narrative along with images and a list of expenses. You are also required to talk about your experiences at the following SAMA Conference general meeting after your scholarship experience.
If I receive the Scholarship, how will money be awarded?
SAMA will pay one half of your scholarship ($1000.00) within one month of the award. The second half ($1000.00) will be awarded upon completion of all education and receipt of your written follow-up report and expense report.
How can I get an Application Form?
Any questions or issues with the form may be directed to, Libby Hintz at firstname.lastname@example.org
**NEW TO THE APPLICATION PROCESS THIS YEAR: Please do not put your name anywhere in an attached document, only use a name on the file name document that you are attaching. OK to say “Last Name” Narrative Statement but don’t use your first or last name in the body of the document to help ensure the application process is as anonymous as possible.
This is a checklist of all the items you will need prior to starting your on-line application process, you will need to fill out information about yourself on-line and attach the following documents:
- Narrative statement (Title it: “Last Name” Narrative Statement)
- Budget (Title it: “Last Name” Budget)
- Resume (Title it: “Last Name” Resume)
- References – two letters of recommendation (Title it: “Last Name” Reference No 1 & “Last Name: Reference No 2)
- Documentation supporting learning experience (Title it: “Last Name” Documentation)
- Image Documentation: This is a list of the five images you will be submitting with the corresponding titles for each image (Title it: “Last Name” Image Documentation: This list allows the panelists to refer to all images submitted)
- 5 images of your artwork (Title each image the same name or title you will submit on the Image Documentation list)
NOTE: ALL applications must be received via SAMA website by July 18, 2018, 11:59pm EST. Applications WILL NOT be accepted by hand-delivery, fax, or email.
What are the key dates and deadlines 2018 Scholarship?
- Application available: May 15, 2018
- Application deadline: July 18, 2018 12:00am EDT*
- Award Notification: September 15, 2018
Who do I contact if I have questions about the application process?