SAMA’s First Virtual American Mosaic Summit, February 5 – 7, 2021
After careful consideration, sleepless nights, and many many conference calls, the SAMA Board of Trustees has made the difficult decision to NOT hold our in-person conference in Tucson which had been rescheduled from May 2020 to this coming January. The welfare of our Membership is our main concern. With a majority of our membership in an “at-risk” category or are caregivers to those at-risk, it has become increasingly clear, that despite our best efforts to conduct a safe and responsible in-person event, loss of attendance and minimization of our traditional experience would not result in a satisfying or successful event for all involved, but for Members most of all.
The unprecedented upheaval experienced globally with the onset of the COVID-19 epidemic has resulted in devastating loss, despair, and confusion with continued uncertainty in many areas of our lives. As we have attempted to navigate these difficult times, our focus has been to ensure that we are making decisions in the best interest of our members, while ensuring SAMA’s viability as an organization into more stable times. As the information evolved and the goalposts shifted, we too were required to shift our stance and in accordance with guidance from experts and in cooperation with our event partners are making this final shift to creating a virtual experience for 2021. Hindsight is surely 20/20 and there have been many valuable lessons learned in 2020 for us all. We deeply appreciate our member, sponsor, vendor, and content providers’ patience as we all ride this crazy year together. We hope you take advantage of yet another unprecedented experience that we are creating just for you, while you sit in the comfort of your home or studio at a much more affordable price!
TIMELINE UPDATED Updated 10/15/21
Mosaic Arts International 2020-1
In conjunction with an all virtual 2020 and 2021, the Mosaic Arts International Juried Members Exhibition will proceed in 2021 as a Virtual Exhibition. An updated Prospectus and Slideroom.com live application are available NOW! The deadline is January 11, 2021.
2021 Virtual Summit Program Details to be Posted Soon!
Since making this shift to a virtual format is causing a bit more upheaval for our Presenters and Instructors than simply shifting dates did, we are still working on our program descriptions and details, but we have the major things worked out for you below…
Rollover Registration Priority Access for Workshops: Available
October 17– 24, 2020 October 31 – November 6, 2020
This period will be for any Tucson May 2020 registrants who chose to roll their registrations into credit for 2021 to have the first choice on the revised workshop program. Tucson May 2020 Rollover registrants will receive direct instructions via email in October. To Rollover a Tucson May 2020 Registration, complete the Rollover and Cancellation Request Form.
Sponsors and Vendors! We haven’t forgotten about you!
New program opportunities are in the works for you as well! Jacki Gran will be getting in touch as soon as we are ready!
Virtual American Mosaic Summit 2021 Pricing
Virtual American Mosaic Summit LIVE Registration: Opens
October 24, 2020 November 7, 2020, at 12 Noon EST
Workshop/Seminar Sessions for Friday, February 5, 2021, are optional and will be an additional fee.
LIVE Registration will include:
- Access to live virtual conference portal, your one window to all the action (accessible desktop or laptop device internet browsers as well as mobile and tablet devices)
- All live sessions on Saturday, February 6 and Sunday, February 7, 2021
- Access to register for Friday, February 5 workshops and seminars (Members Only)
- One entry in the Virtual Mosaic Art Salon Auction (Members Only). Additional entries with an additional fee.
- Access to Virtual Vendor Marketplace: including virtual product demos and special deals!
- Sponsor Gifts & Swag!
- Live Virtual SAMA Birthday Party & Mosaic Art Salon Auction Watch Party.
- Create a Participant Profile with photo, Contact Info, and Biography as an e-business card and engage with other attendees in the conference portal.
- Live Chat, Forum posting, and image sharing and private messaging with all participants
- Participate in Live Q&A’s
- Access after the Live Event to the conference portal and all Saturday and Sunday Session recordings for 2 weeks.
Virtual American Mosaic Summit AFTER the Live Registration
$97 Available Between February 8 – 22, 2021
AFTER the Live Registration will include:
- Access to virtual conference portal, your one window to all the action (accessible desktop or laptop device internet browsers as well as mobile and tablet devices)
- Session Recordings from Saturday, February 6 and Sunday, February 7, 2021
- Access to Virtual Vendor Marketplace: including virtual product demos recordings and special deals!
Cancellation Policy Update – As of September 25, 2020
Registrants who DID NOT cancel their May 2020 Registration will receive a refund of any unused rolled-over funds after registering for the 2021 Virtual Program.
All complete May 2020 cancellations placed between March 28 – September 30, 2020, will incur a $50 per Registration Admin Fee and $35 per Workshop Admin Fee deducted from their refund.
All Tucson 2020 Registrants who have not requested Credit or Refunds need to do so by November 30, 2020.
All 2021 Virtual Conference Registrations cancelled between November 7 – November 30, 2021 will receive a full refund.
All Virtual Conference Registrations cancelled between December 1, 2020 – February 4, 2021 will incur a $50 per person Registration Cancellation Fee deducted from the refund of registration and workshop fees.
No Refunds for LIVE Registrations after February 4, 2021, and No Refunds for AFTER the Live Registrations.