Join us for the Art Salon and Fundraising Auction!
Thursday, June 30, 2022 – Renaissance Downtown Toledo Hotel
For 2022, SGAA and SAMA will combine their traditional auction events into one extraordinary experience!
SAMA’s Mosaic Art Salon will become The Art Salon, an opportunity for conference attendees to display and sell smaller scale works in an auction setting to fellow conference attendees and guests.
SGAA’s Fundraising Auction will be an added element to the evening with a portion of the Auction Room devoted to coveted auction items that will raise funds for SGAA & SAMA!
Art Salon & Auction Schedule and Guidelines
Art Drop off: 7:00am – 9:00am
Salon Preview: 11:00am – 4:00pm
Auction: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
7:00pm – Salon reopens and bidding begins
8:00pm – Auction of Section A Tables will close
8:15pm – Auction of Section B Tables will close
8:30pm – Auction of Section C Tables will close
8:45pm – Auction of Section D Tables will close
9:00pm – All artwork and fundraising prizes need to be removed
How it Works…
Any conference attendee can display their work for everyone to enjoy and even purchase. Tables will be set up in the Salon area to display the art all day on Thursday. Later in the evening, during the Auction, all attendees and guests may browse the salon and register a written bid on any piece they wish to purchase. The auction room will be divided into sections, each section with a different ending bid time. As bidding closes, each work for sale will go to the highest bidder. The payment transaction is then handled on the spot between the artist and the buyer, and the buyer takes the work home.
How to Participate
- You must ADD the $45 Salon Artist Fee onto your conference registration to participate as an exhibiting Art Salon Artist.
- Entry deadline: May 31, 2022 (or when space is filled) SALON ENTRY PERIOD NOW CLOSED
- Size guidelines: Maximum size (INCLUDING FRAME) for your work is 20”h x 15”w (x 15”d for 3D works). Works larger than this will NOT be allowed or exhibited.
- All Artists are to supply their own easels or display stands for presentation on an auction table.
- Salon works will be on display during the Thursday preview (note: viewing only, no bidding) between 11:00am and 4:00pm and available for all registrants and guests to view.
- This is a non-juried event and any attendee can exhibit however SPACE IS LIMITED!
- Artists are to be prepared to accept payment from buyers immediately upon close of auction. SGAA and SAMA will not facilitate payments for sellers and buyers. Paypal is recommended.
If you want to exhibit, you must purchase a Salon exhibition space during the Conference Registration process, follow the artwork size rules and meet the entry deadline. Your piece does not have to be for sale to be shown in the Salon. Conference attendees do not need to purchase an exhibition space to attend this exciting and highly-anticipated event. Check here for updates. You will be emailed further instructions in May.
You will have the opportunity to donate the proceeds for a SOLD artwork in the Salon to SAMA, SGAA or split to both. Special tent cards will designate which pieces’ proceeds are being donated. This is a great way to help support our organizations while getting a chance to exhibit your work.